Certified Application Security Engineer .Net
The Certified Application Security Engineer (CASE) credential is developed in partnership with large application and software development experts globally.
The CASE credential tests the critical security skills and knowledge required throughout a typical software development life cycle (SDLC), focusing on the importance of the implementation of secure methodologies and practices in today’s insecure operating environment.
The CASE certified training program is developed concurrently to prepare software professionals with the necessary capabilities that are expected by employers and academia globally.It is designed to be a hands-on, comprehensive application security course that will help software professionals create secure applications.
The training program encompasses security activities involved in all phases of the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC): planning, creating, testing, and deploying an application.
Unlike other application security trainings, CASE goes beyond just the guidelines on secure coding practices and includes secure requirement gathering, robust application design, and handling security issues in post development phases of application development.
This makes CASE one of the most comprehensive certifications on the market today. It is desired by software application engineers, analysts, testers globally, and respected by hiring authorities.
The Purpose of CASE Is
- To ensure that application security is no longer an afterthought but a foremost one.
- To lay the foundation required by all application developers and development organizations, to produce secure applications with greater stability and fewer security risks to the consumer, therefore, making security a foremost thought.
- To ensure that the organizations mitigate the risk of losing millions due to security compromises that may arise with every step of application development process.
- To help individuals develop the habit of giving importance to security sacrosanct of their job role in the SDLC, therefore opening security as the main domain for testers, developers, network administrator etc.
- Understanding Application Security, Threats, and Attacks Security Requirements Gathering
- Secure Application Design and Architecture
- Secure Coding Practices for Input Validation
- Secure Coding Practices for Authentication and Authorization Secure Coding Practices for Cryptography
- Secure Coding Practices for Session Management
- Secure Coding Practices for Error Handling
- Static and Dynamic Application Security Testing (SAST & DAST) Secure Deployment and Maintenance
To be eligible to challenge the CASE Exam, candidate must either:
Attend the official EC-Council CASE training through an accredited EC-Council Partner (Accredited Training Centre/ iWeek/ iLearn) (All candidates are required to pay the USD100 application fee unless your training fee already includes this) or;
Be an ECSP (.NET/ or Java) member in good standing (you need not pay a duplicate application fee, as this fee has already been paid) or;
Have a minimum of 2 years working experience in information security or software design(you will need to pay USD 100 as a non-refundable application fee) or;
Have any other industry equivalent certi cations such as GSSP .NET/Java (you will need to pay USD 100 as a non- refundable application fee).
Training & Exam
The CASE exam can be challenged after attending o cial CASE training. Candidates that successfully pass the exam will receive their CASE certi cate and membership privileges. Members are required to adhere to the policies of EC-Council’s Continuing Education Policy.